Boxing as a sport requires a high level of athletic prowess: strength, speed, agility, hand-eye coordination, endurance, nerve, and power - just to name several required attributes.
Boxing as a fitness activity enables the average person to hone those same athletic skills, all without having to take a punch.
Here are a number of other reasons why:
1. Enhanced Cardiovascular Health
2. Improved Total-Body Strength
3. Better Hand-Eye Coordination
4. Decreased Stress
5. Improved Body Composition
6. Improved Confidence and Self-esteem